Franchise & Distribution Litigator at Mulcahy LLP
Filemon “Phil” Carrillo
By on January 16, 2017
Filemon “Phil” Carrillo is a business competition litigator. Since joining Mulcahy LLP, his practice has focused on litigating state and federal franchise laws, intellectual property rights, unfair competition, business torts, and employment law matters.
Phil graduated from The George Washington University Law School, where his studies focused on antitrust, business competition, and intellectual property. While at GW Law, Phil was a research assistant to William E. Kovacic, a previous Commissioner and Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission and often cited antitrust scholar. He also developed an acute business acumen serving as Editor-in-Chief of The Federal Circuit Bar Journal. As a Dean’s Fellow at GW Law, Phil taught first-year law students in GW Law’s Legal Research and Writing program.
Phil gained extensive litigation experience serving as a Student Attorney with the Public Justice Advocacy Clinic at GW Law representing clients in the District of Columbia. While at the clinic, Phil litigated employment, Americans with Disabilities Act, and tort issues. Phil negotiated advantageous settlements, successfully appealed administrative decisions, and mediated complex ADA and tort cases. While in D.C., Phil represented clients before the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, District of Columbia Office of Administrative Hearings, and U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2016
- Dean’s Fellow
- Member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board
- Research Assistant to Global Competition Professor of Law and Policy, William E. Kovacic
- Student Attorney, Public Justice Advocacy Clinic
- Editor-in-Chief, The Federal Circuit Bar Journal, Vol. 25
- University of California, Riverside, B.A. Philosophy, 2013
- President, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
- U.S. District Court (Central District of California)
- What You See Isn't What You Get: How the Colgate Doctrine May Apply to the Disposable Contact Lens Antitrust Litigation (2015) 24 Competition: J. Anti. & Unfair Comp. L. Sec. St. B. Cal. 60
Mulcahy LLP® Information
CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE
CONTACT MULCAHY LLP®
FOR MORE INFORMATION
MULCAHY LLP Firm News
CLICK ARTICLES BELOW TO VIEW