Failure to State a Legal Cause of Action
Lori M. Lofstrom
By on January 24, 2019
Lori M. Lofstrom received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from California State University, Northridge. Her studies included political internships with Councilman Hal Bernson and Mayor Tom Bradley’s Youth Advisory Council. She earned her Juris Doctorate from Southwestern University School of Law having served on both the Law Review and Moot Court Governing Board.
After serving as a Committee Member for 3 years, she was honored to have been appointed Co-Chair of the California State Bar Franchise Law Committee. During her term, the Committee worked closely with the California Department of Corporations to draft widespread changes to streamline California’s franchise registration process, a policy codified as “Risk Based Review” in the California Franchise Investment Law. She is a California State Bar Certified Specialist in Franchise & Distribution Law and a member of the American Bar Association's Forum on Franchising and both the Business Law and Intellectual Property Sections of the California State Bar.
She has been featured on radio, cable television and in many publications including:
- On-air guest on KFWB, KMNY and WNTY radio
- Charter Local Edition CNN Headline News segments on various business challenges
- Contributing Expert to book entitled: What No One Ever Tells You About Franchising, by Jan Norman
- Interviewed for Articles entitled: Protecting Your Ideas, published by SmartMoney.com and Anatomy of a Business Pre-Nup: A Checklist, published by Fox Small Business Center
- Speaker for National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) and Women’s Leadership Exchange on franchising and trademark law
- Guest Lecturer/Instructor at California State University, Long Beach for Business Law courses and Entrepreneurship Certification Project.
She has also been involved in many community and business organizations including:
- Chairman of the Board of the Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
- Vice-Chair of Public Policy, Government Affairs Committee Chairman for Long Beach Chamber
- President of Women’s Business Council for Long Beach Chamber
- Women President’s Organization Member - Orange County Chapter.
Some of her awards include:
- Business Advocate of the Year from the California Chamber of Commerce for efforts on behalf of business
- Women’s Leadership Award from Long Beach Business Journal/Women’s Leadership Exchange.
Ms. Lofstrom resides in Orange County, California with her husband, Mark and son, Parker.
CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION