Sandra G. Gibbs
By on January 24, 2019
Certified Specialist in Franchise & Distribution Law
State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
Sandra has been recognized as a Certified Specialist in Franchise & Distribution Law by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. Sandra’s practice focuses on franchise and distribution law, including transactional and regulatory compliance matters and litigation. Her experience includes preparing and revising franchise disclosure documents, franchise agreements, and related documents; counseling clients with respect to compliant distribution arrangements; and representing clients before the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation. Sandra also provides trademark counseling, registration, and enforcement assistance.
Having served as chief in-house counsel for an established franchise company for nearly nine years, Sandra has a keen understanding of business imperatives and an appreciation for the demands on in-house counsel’s time and resources. As a result, she is dedicated to providing timely, cost-effective, and practical solutions to her clients, on issues that can range from day-to-day concerns to extraordinary challenges.
Sandra’s experience in litigation informs her transactional and regulatory compliance practice. Her focus is not only on ensuring that a client’s documents are fully compliant with all applicable regulations, but that they are designed to reduce the risk of later litigation and liability.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- The George Washington University, Master’s in Public Administration
- Trinity College, B.A. with Honors in Economics
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania (inactive)
- The District of Columbia (inactive)
Professional Affiliations & Publications
- Ixchel Pharma v. Biogen: Is This the Big One? 24 Franchise Lawyer 9 (2021) (with James M. Mulcahy)
- Member, American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising
- Member, California Lawyer’s Association, Franchise Law Committee
- Hidden Franchise Fees: Seeking a Rational Paradigm, 39 Franchise L.J. 493 (2020)